Pages

Summer is Renewal

Wednesday, July 31, 2013



When I reminisce on childhood, I almost always think of summer.


The season that once meant overnight camp and backyard sleepovers now means long days spent staring out the fifth-floor window until happy hour, but there are still things that remain in my memory as quintessentially summer. The reminder that I've always had too much skin becomes relevant again. Boots are replaced with sandals and coats with swimsuits. These excessive layers of clothing begin to scatter my bedroom floor. Stale relationships become unnecessary and with the sorbet skies they fade until it’s like they never existed.
It’s a time to find new places to keep coming back to.
Bodies of water still have their way of cleansing dirt and sweat off my lightened hair and darkened skin.
Summer is renewal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Field Notes! I read (and adore) every single one of them. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)