Pages

A Room With a View

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Irvington Neighborhood view from my bedroom // Portland, OR // iphone 4
 
"turns me on so loud it's like no sound, everybody yelling at me hands over their ears from behind a glass wall, faces working around in talk circles but no sounds from the mouths. My sound soaks up all other sound." - Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Lately I've felt like my life is moving in fast motion. I've been finding myself in a sort of out of body experience where it seems I'm watching myself run every which way; to work, on a date, to dinner, to walk my dog, to the gym, while my mind somehow remains comfortably still. It's like I'm one of those cartoon characters who just so happened to accidently run off a cliff, yet I'm still suspended in mid-air, waiting for the inevitable fall. This captured moment from my bedroom over the weekend helped me realize that some of the most beautiful time spent is when you are doing nothing at all and you have nowhere to be.

 

3 comments:

  1. there is something to be said if your mind can stay comfortably still in all that motion.
    i think the alternative (a noisy mind in a quiet space) is terrifying.

    xx
    LuLu
    Breakfast After 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel like my mind can't keep up, and I'm not really comprehending any of the things I'm experiencing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i often feel the same way and i completely agree that the most beautiful time spent is when you have nowhere to be, when you are free to do whatever it is you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Field Notes! I read (and adore) every single one of them. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)