Pages

That's the Thing About Nostalgia

Monday, May 7, 2012


“Some days in late August at home are like this, the air thin and eager like this, with something in it sad and nostalgic and familiar. . .”
- William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury


I laid face down, head intertwined in the grass. I saw the world between the sweaty lenses of my sunglasses and through the vertical blades of green.
On these warm days it’s easy to remember the past. Running through the sprinkler in my frilly floral one-piece, or perfecting soccer moves as daylight faded and mosquitos swarmed in search of an evening meal. But my memories seem to fall most heavily on the ones I’m trying the hardest to forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Field Notes! I read (and adore) every single one of them. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)